Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Homeless Video Reaction


This video was truly eye-opening for me, as I have always been against welfare. I realize that not all homeless people are the same, as he clearly shows they are individual persons. Therefore, we should not pigeon-hold them as a society. This man clearly showed his embarrassment, and his desire to work. It broke my heart to know that he honestly just had bad luck in his life, and that he was just given lots of hardship in his life. However, it gives me comfort in my faith when I know that he will be rewarded for his strength in Heaven. In addition, this video brought me to tears, because of it sincereness. Also, it hurts me to see a man robbed of his dignity in such demeaning ways. Consequently, I am happy that some people take the time out of their day and give him money. Therefore, this video has made me decide to give homeless people more than I normally do. Generally, homeless people just make me feel awkward, and bad for not giving them things. However, I have found a way to solve that problem, and I cannot wait to help in whatever way I possibly can.
-Timmy Mashinski

No comments:

Post a Comment